Monday, July 28, 2008

week of 7/21-7/25

Monday: 9:30-3:30
Tuesday: Not in the office: other obligation
Wednesday: 9:30-4:45
Thursday: 10-4:45
Friday: 9:30-11
Total: 21.5

Monday
I spent today in Compliance. This morning I worked with one of the Compliance assistants, Justin on editing some institutional forms for Campbell. Most student athletes know that they are required to fill out some NCAA paperwork when they come to school permitting themselves to be drug tested and confirming their test scores before they are eligible to play. There are also some institutional forms that are used for the individual school's purposes. The main purpose for doing this was to eliminate any redundancy in those forms to make sure we were not asking the same questions over and over again. After going through the forms and deciding what corrections needed to be made, we had to remake the forms themselves and submit them to the director for her to approve. I also spent some more time working on the Study hall sign-in sheets for the different sports. The Director, Heather liked what I had done with that, so that will most likely be what they use this season.

Tuesday
I was out of the office today because of some prior commitments I had made.

Wednesday
Wednesday morning I spent in compliance. The director was out this morning picking up an interviewee for an assistant position at the airport. I spent the morning going through the University's data program to find out whether or not certain student athletes had confirmed their schedules for the fall yet. This pertained to study hall hours and how many they would be required to do, or whether or not they would have to do study hall at all. This actually took me a little while to do because some people have very generic names like: "John Smith", and there may be 20 other "John Smith's" enrolled at Campbell. I kind of had to search through all of the names to make sure I was confirming the right person's Schedule. I finished before anyone had returned back to the office. I have noticed that this kind of seems to be a pattern while I am working in Compliance. They give me something to do that they think will take me a long time to do, and then I finish, and they don't have anything for me to do. After I finished I walked back over to sales and marketing for a little while. When Heather arrived back from the airport, I walked back over to compliance, and they told me that because of the interview that afternoon, they didn't really have any other pressing things for me to do that afternoon. I spent that afternoon in sales and marketing. Kevin told me to research some of the contact information for local recreation departments because we hope to get some of them involved with some of our promotions this year.

Thursday
In the morning I sent out an email to all of the recreation departments I had researched on Wednesday. I was just informing them of some of the things we were planning to do and telling them we hoped to get some local recreation departments involved this year. I got a couple of responses to my email about handing out flyers at registration days. In the afternoon I finished updating trade spreadsheet. This spreadsheet specified exactly how much trade from each of our companies, if we had any at all. It also specified how much trade had been used, and for what it had been used, and was formulated to show how much was left after some of it was used.

Friday
I don't really have anything to say about today. Heather was out of town today, so she had no projects for me. I came into the office and they had me doing something with one of the assistants, but then the computer started to misbehave, and we could not do what we were supposed to do. Eventually, I just went home, they didn't have anything for me to do. Part of this is due to the fact that there is a lot of confidential stuff in the Compliance department, so there are some things I can't really be involved with.

No comments: