Friday, August 1, 2008

Week of 7/28-8/1

Monday: 10-11
Tuesday: 10-4:30
Wednesday: out of the office-bday
Thursday: 10-4:30
Friday: 9:30-2:30
20 hours

Monday

Today I was in sales because we had a meeting scheduled with The Women's soccer coach to talk about some promotional ideas. Unfortunately, the meeting was canceled because the new assistant coach came in that day and they were taking care of a lot of the paperwork and whatnot that is involved with hiring new people. I had planned to take this afternoon to go to school and take care of next semester and what not because everyone in compliance was out of the office, so I was only in the office for a short period today

Tuesday

Today I was in sales again, we rescheduled the soccer meeting for this morning. We met the new assistant and got some input as to some of the things we plan to do this year. One of the assistants volunteered to talk with some of the people at the soccer complex in Fayetteville about getting some of their teams to scrimmage at half time of our games. They also volunteered some of their equipment for us to use for some of our promotions. In the afternoon I started working on putting together the marketing calendar for Volleyball and Soccer. I focused on Soccer this afternoon. It involved looking at all of the home games for the season and planning activities for in-game, half-time, etc. It also involved deciding on theme nights for these games and what kind of trade we plan to use at each game, and how much of the trade we would use. We also had to consider that some sports have games that occur simultaneously on the same day, so as not to plan too much for one sport and draw spectators from other sports.

Wednesday
Today I was out of the office commemorating my 22nd Birthday

Thursday
Today I was in sales, I spent most of my day working on my marketing plan for soccer. It is particularly difficult to plan in-game activities for soccer because there is not really any down time in soccer. We also have some theme nights such as Faculty appreciation or Camper Reunion night that we would like to recognize on days when we have double headers, so as to have it be a part of both Women's and Men's Soccer, but it is difficult to do considering how the schedule is set up, and how it interferes with other sports. Tomorrow is the deadline to have all of the ads ready to print to be put into the game programs for the fall season. There has been a lot of emailing and making phone calls to make sure we have the right logos, and that the logos look the way our clients would like them to look. I dropped by the Compliance office this afternoon to make sure that they would have some things for me to do, because Heather was out of the office in Coaches Meetings all day long.

Friday

Today I was in Compliance, working on an event calendar for all of the activities for this semester. I made a copy with only the home games, and a copy with all of the games for this coming fall season. I will add all of the athlete seminars and meetings and guest speakers at a later date when we have more information as to when those activities will be. I went through all of the freshmen and transfers Fall Schedules to make sure we had all of them. This has a lot to do with keeping accurate track of study hall hours. It also helps keep track of their advisor's and different tests and requirements they will be responsible for during the season. I started working on an evaluation and contact log for coaches to keep track of the times it is legal for them to contact athletes as well as the number of times they have contacted each individual athlete and/or the number of times the athletes have visited campus.

Next week I will be out of town in Vermont, so there will be no update.

No comments: