Monday, August 18, 2008

week of 8/11-8/15

Monday: 9:30-1:00
Tuesday: 10:15-12
Wednesday: 9:30-1:00
Thursday: 1:30-5:30
Friday: 9:30-4:30 8-10:30 pm from home
Saturday: 9:15-10:45
Total: 23hrs

Monday
I was in Compliance today, Heather explained to me today that there were some athletes that they wanted to keep an extra careful eye on their academics, so they were putting them on a plan to make sure their work was taken care of. My job was to make files for all of these people today. this involved going through lists of un- alphabetized schedules and names to find their schedules and putting them into the file. Then I had to type up individual labels for each of the files and label the files. This took a little longer than I anticipated because nothing was alphabetized. I left early today because they have employee orientation this week, and no one was in the office in the afternoon for me to do any work.

Tuesday
Today I was in Sales and Marketing, I came in around 10:00 and we had a meeting with the Audio Visual Department about what we need to do as far as communication at football games. My observations pertaining to football is that there does not seem to be a big sense of urgency on the part of a lot of people as far as having things ready for the first game. Basically, all we got from this meeting is that they can order us some stuff, but we won't have it by the first game. Kevin has been mentioning this for months, but it is the first time anyone has asked us to look into anything. This meeting took about just over an hour and a half, and then I went home for the day because again they had employee orientation in the afternoon.

Wednesday
Today I was back in Compliance. I started off the morning making a few more labels for student athletes. Later I worked with Heather on a project that she was working on. She was making some sort of report working with CAi (Compliance Assistant for internet), but she left out a big part of it. I had to go through the rosters of all of the teams at Campbell and check off their ethnicity. If they were not US citizens, I had to go through and check off that # 1 they were not American, and #2 their ethncity. I had to go through and make a spreadsheet of total number of white, black, mexican people etc. on every team. It is a very important part of this report she was putting together.

Thursday
They had CPR and first aid training this morning, so I did not come in until this afternoon. This afternoon Drew( marketing assistant) and I went around the local area to practically every store/restaurant we could and handed out pocket schedules to leave at the register. We handed out approximately 10,000 schedules. We would just go in and ask if we could leave schedules at the register, and most places had no problem with it. Some places did have corporate regulations that prevented them from leaving the out for us.

Friday
Today was a bit of a crazy day for me. I was back in Compliance office this morning. They had me organizing a study hall room and sorting through a lot of stuff they had ordered for their students. It was odd for me to see a lot of this, because the athletic department at Methodist does not do anything like this. We are required to have study hall hours at Methodist, but at Campbell they order pens and pencils, USB drives, paper, etc. I had to go through all of this stuff and sort it out and put it where it belonged. I also had to rearrange the study carols and just generally make the room more navigable, because it was completely stuffed with stuff. Around 11:00 I went back over to Sales and marketing for a meeting with FCA again. They have decided to sponsor a soccer game and they wanted to find out exactly what would be required of them. I brought in my marketing plan that I more or less wrapped up and talked over it with Kevin. He gave me some of his thoughts, and I made some changes to the plan. I am planning to work a soccer game at the beginning of the season to see how it works according to the plan I came up with. After my meeting in the morning, I went back to Compliance and continued to organize the study hall room.

Saturday
This morning I went to the Lillington Recreation Departments preseason camp for Soccer and Football. I went to hand out some information for about some things we will be doing for soccer and football this year. Hopefully we will be able to develop a relationship with them and be involved with them in the future.

No comments: